Monday, January 19, 2009

Baby Smells




Have you ever had one of those mornings when you get up to wake up your son or daughter for school and they smell like the day they were born......
Today was one of those days! Roberto was off from school today and I went in to wake him up and I leaned in to give him a kiss on his nose like I always do; as I leaned in he threw his arms around me and kiss me first. As I lay there with him, my nose nestled into his neck I smelled the wonderful smell of "Baby!" Oh what memories it brought back and I just teared up. I remember him in the hospital so wonderful and warm; and me feeling like I didn't know how I would change his diapers and make his bottles and so scared of breaking him. Luckily, my Mom came tot he rescue! Mom and my sister laughed, as they visited us in Dallas, about my box of latex gloves!! Yes there were for me to wear when I changed Roberto. I didn't want to get DIIIRTY!!!!
Little did I know :o)
It wasn't long before I had passed all my insecurities of not knowing what to do. I was a pro soon enough and I was so proud of my bouncing baby boy, just like all mothers are. I was especially proud :)
Amazing what a specific smell/scent can do and how it can change your whole day.


More amazing is that next Sunday our "families" will be blessed with 2 new bouncing additions. Richard's sister Robin will be having her first baby (a boy) and my cousin Jacqueline Raquel will be have her first baby (girl). Babies, Onesie's everywhere...... Diapers, Doodies no time to spare!
The happy daddies to be are Joseph and Richie.
Ahhh, babies I love them!








No comments: