Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Dolce Elite.... maybe?

VALENTINE'S ANYONE?
OK, I have finally outgrown the old clunker of a bike that I have (bought at a Dallas Wal-Mart 9 years ago and about 50 lbs). I have used it to the limit and I am ready for a "new ride!"

The Mr. laughs everytime I take it out of the garage to ride with him and I now know why. Last night we went shopping for bikes. Real bikes. I never knew that there was such a huge difference in the bike you chose to ride.
I'm learning more and more everyday since I've started bike riding again. This is a passion and I'll be racing in an event soon. (I remember bike riding at White Rock lake in Dallas; aahh the relaxing weekends I used to have there) :o(
I am working much too hard to get my old bike to move; it shouldn't be so difficult. The guy at the bikeshop said that I'll be leaving the Hubby behind in the dust soon LOL. After researching all over the internet and shops from San Antonio to the Rio Grande Valley, I think I have settled on this:



It's the 2008 Specialized Dolce Elite Women's Bike. This is the Creme de la Creme. The Rolls Royce's of all cars. Aaaahh. This bike weighs about only 18 lbs and I'll be riding at about 17 mph real quick on this.
I hope that the hubby will give in and choose this bike. He is dead set on reviewing more websites and stores and I JUST WANT THIS ONE!!! Whaaaah!
(by the way if I get this bike, I can say "so long see ya" to our entertainment center on my wishlist..... the agony of really choosing what i want .....)

2 comments:

Aliya said...

oh my god. my husband is the same exact way!!! He won't buy ANYTHING until he reads 43,872 reviews on it... i feel your pain!

Reel Happy Newlyweds said...

so after 43,872 does he give in?? i'm restless and i can surely find that many reviews if i have too LOLOL. Wish me luck that I get it for V-Day :):):) !!!!!!!!!!