Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our 1st Valentines Day as Mr. & Mrs.







Valentine's Day is here and I can't help but remember last year; this day. Richard proposed in the most romantic way right after a delicious dinner at home. Lobster tails, steak, wine, chocolate covered strawberries... we thought of it all. I've always loved it but not like LOVED it. I always thought it was sort of an over-rated holiday LOLOL!!

Not anymore. It will always hold a special meaning to me. I remember the feeling of OMG, this is it, its really happening, OMG I should say something like "YES!"

Yes yes yes a thousand times yes.

This year we didn't make dinner at home.

We spent the morning and early afternoon bike riding through the trails in Mission, Texas. It is one of our favorites biking areas to ride. We rode 13.1 miles ! The second helf was harder since we had strong winds coming against us.

We had a very romantic ride. And YES, I got my new Specialized Dolce Elite bike!!! it is AWESOME!!





After our ride, we came home made ourselves a light lunch and rested up for our Romantic Dinner. We had reservations at Santa Fe Steakhouse in McAllen, Texas. http://www.steaksatsantafe.com/

We LOOOve this restaurant. We've had lots of good times together and with friends here. We opted out of Steaks this time, but they are great here. This night The Mr had the Salmon with Twice Baked Potato and fresh Asparagus. I had the absolutely delicious Duck with Red Plum glaze with a twice baked potato. Our salads were a mixture of mango, tangerines, calamari and mixed greens. Our desserts were a emon mandarine cake and a NY Cheesecake accompanied with flutes of Korbel Champagne.

The restaurant also included a rose for every MRS and a picture for us to keep.

We were reminded why this is one of our favorite restaurants to eat at whether its with each other or with a group of friends. (And God knows we do this alot!)



Our evening ended at home, We danced to "Our" Song and the MR sand it softly in my ear so lovingly.
OH!! And the next day he was off to go "fishing again!" LOLOLOL I love him for who he is and for loving me for who I am. I'm grateful each and everyday that the Lord brought us to each other.
"Christ Alone"
The romance does not end here: We have a special surprise coming up this weekend!!!

1 comment:

said...

congrat's on your first v-day as a mrs! :)